family photo

family photo

Friday, September 27, 2013

Yummy

Last night we had a little fun.  Aidric has been very interested in food.  When we eat he squeals and wants to be at the table, then reaches for the food as we eat.  So, we decided to give him his first bite of "food."  He was so excited as we put his bib on and placed him in the high chair.

 With great anticipation he watched me stir the water into the dry rice cereal.

 "Finally, let's see what all this fuss is about."
 Ok, let's try this out.

 "hmmmm that doesn't smell like what you have been eating."

 "That was not was not what I was thinking it would taste like."  It was so cute after each bite he would shiver.  Not so good.
 "Well, maybe I'll just stick to playing with the glass."
 After dinner we had a little dessert.  He again wanted to be held and looked at my food and then at me like "that was not what you gave me."  Well, someday my little boy.  But in the meantime here is this recipe if you would like it at the end of my post.

Some beautiful clouds in the evening.  Sierra had fun taking pictures.


Molten Cake
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3 oz unsweetened chocolate
1 cup 4 tablespoons butter
1 cup sugar
6 eggs beaten
1 slightly heaping cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3 tblsp cocoa
raspberries
Grease cupcake pans for 18 cupcakes.  In a double boiler on low heat melt chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate.  Add butter and sugar.  Mix in beaten eggs.  In a bowl combine flour, baking powder and cocoa.  Beat warm mixture into flour mixture with mixer on medium speed until slightly thick, about 5 minutes.  Fill cupcakes with mixture, cover with plastic wrap, and freeze at least 3 hours or until ready to bake.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Bake 7 to 9 minutes.  Do not overcook.  You want the edges sligtly set and the middle glossy.  While warm loosen with a knife and invert onto a plate.  I then added raspberries and sprinkled with powder sugar.  Enjoy.  
 time.   

3 comments:

  1. Oooh! The molten cake looks delicious! I have been meaning to try making some for a long time already. Maybe tonight, since I have the recipe right in front of me now.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed watching Aidric try food for the first time. That was such a beautiful sunset I just had to take some pictures. Everyone should try the dessert. It is delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.