family photo

family photo

Friday, October 25, 2013

A Trip

The other day I was thinking out loud and told David, "Wouldn't it be fun to take a trip and surprise Alex at college."  David thought it sounded great so we made it a reality.  We knew it would be a fast trip, so we decided to just take Aidric and go.  I am blessed with daughters who were ok with that and they did amazing.  My mom said that they followed their schedule and even did Bible time and prayer at the right time on their own.  I was so proud of them.  Meanwhile we got in our car and made an over  3,000 mile round trip to see our big son with our little son.  Aidric did absolutely amazing.  He had a couple minutes of cry time but overall I was amazed.  David did most of the driving and I spent a lot of time with Aidric.

After two days of driving we got to stay with some friends that actually used to baby sit Alex for us when he was Aidric's age.  It was a special time and a pleasure to share our second son with them.  The sad part is they have never met any of our daughters.  I guess we'll have to make another trip.

The next morning it was on the road for just a little while longer to see Alex!!!  I know it has only been a couple months since he left for college but we were getting pretty excited.  We were so happy to see Alex.   He took us on a tour of the campus, introduced us to a couple friends and then we got to go out to dinner.  It was very good to spend time with Alexander and see how good he is doing.  This was my first time seeing the college and I was glad to see it. The fall colors were amazing there,  We were able to check out local sites, Aidric got to go swimming for the first time, saw a great church, and spent a day in Branson.  All this was good and fun but truly the best part was just being with Alex again, if only for a few days.  It was fun to see Alex carrying his brother around and so many people let him know what a cute "son" he had.  He was quick to let them know it was his brother.  One of my favorite time was on our last day we went into one of the piano rooms and Alex played the piano for me.  This is something I truly miss and tried to soak it in as much as was possible.  I was so glad we made the trip and loved every moment with my son.  

While there we were also able to spend time with Ivy, my coleader of our Bright Lights group.  It was so good to see her also and we had a great time.

The trip was short and then we were back on the road across this great country of ours.  We went from the beautiful fall folliage of Missouri, to the flat bread basket country, and then to the amazing mountains of the Rockies.  It was nice to get home and be done with long driving days.  There is something special about seeing our state sign.  Aidric was glad to be out of the car and his sisters were glad to see him.  We got home a little earlier then they had expected.  They had planned on going to the zoo, so, why not.  Aidric and I joined them and life was back to normal.

Here are a couple pictures of our trip.  Have a great day and God Bless.
enjoying my sons

Me and my guys
Aidric, Ivy and I
first swim lesson
Alex and Aidric 

Dixie Stampede

Daddy and Sons 

My handsome boy

dinner at Lamberts

going home

my hubby taking us home


7 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful trip!! You and your oldest son look just alike! I bet he was so glad to see you. We love going to Branson. Lambert's is so fun! Did they throw a roll at you? I am so glad you got to see your son.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great. I would love to hear more about what is fun to do in Branson. Yes, I got a roll thrown at me. At first I was concerned and Alex caught one for me but I got more courage and caught one for myself. It was fun.

      Delete
  2. Thankful you were blessed to take that trip!!! Our kiddos are all still little so we don't get much time to break away from the chaos! The pictures are so good! We've never been to Branson but have been to Lamberts in Alabama. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It won't be long. I didn't realize Lambert's was chain. It was a good time. Aidric was impressed, especially with the people bring around more food and the food flying through the air. We tried to go on Sunday after church but it was an 1 1/2 hour
      wait. So we went on Tuesday and it was no wait but still quite busy.

      Delete
  3. So glad you had a chance to spend time with your guys. Andrew is in the process of deciding what he will do after high school graduation. One of the options being the Navy. He is wanting to go into nuclear or electrical engineering. He is in college at Georgia Southern University for his senior year of high school. So many decisions to make in the next few months. Then we get to do it all over again with Laura next year. She will go to college for her senior year as well. Where have our babies gone?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex did the same thing and took college classes his senior year. I think it was good for him, because we were here to encourage. It is a cliche, but it is amazing how fast time goes, they grow up, and then off they go. It is good though

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.