family photo

family photo

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Horses

Fall is upon us and what a lovely fall it has been.  This morning was brisk, with a touch of fog on the ground.  It was delightful to view out my window.  Unfortunately I had to make an early morning trip.  I am thankful to be a stay at home mom and this morning reminded me of a benefit.  I had an early morning appointment downtown.  This required me to drive in the morning traffic that was creeping along, due in part to the morning fog.  The appointment was at 8:00 and they had asked that I be there 10 minutes early.  The morning was going smooth until I was ready to leave and could not find my phone.  After a thorough search it was discover and off we went.  Once in the car with phone in hand, I was off to face the morning commuters.  The bit of fog had slowed the drive down and I was getting a bit anxious that I was going to be late, but I thankfully pulled in right on time.   We sat and waited for the doctor, who I found was a bit slow in getting to us.  After the appointment I saw I had a missed call.  The doctors office had left me a message yesterday.  They had asked to move my appointment to 9:00 instead of 8:00.  So, I was really early.  Oh well, we got it done earlier and all is well.  "Be anxious for nothing."  :)

Every school year we look at activities for the kiddos.  We are blessed with many different options and some are specifically for homeschool families.  This fall we have chosen horse lessons.  Danika has wanted to take riding lessons for quite a while.  A local retired pastor provides horse riding lessons for free.  It is my understanding that it began as a ministry to at risk kids and he has extended it to homeschool families.  We are unable to go every week but the girls love to go when they can.  Here are some fun pictures.  Hope you are having a blessed week.
Alicia
Cassandra practicing her balance

Danika learning to trot.

Sierra enjoyed the comfortable ride.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The girls have a great time and I am so blessed because my parents get them there.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.