family photo

family photo

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

What's in a Name

Last weekend David and I went on a camping/hunting trip with a couple other couples.  It was the first time I have left Isabella since her hospital trip and I was quite nervous but everything went just fine.  We went to a place called Black Rock.  The road was dirt and bumpy and just kept going and going.  The fall colors were amazing but we were getting concerned we might have missed the campground.  When what to our wondering eyes should appear but a big old black rock sticking out next to the river. I said to David, "Do you think that is the the black rock they named the camp ground after," and sure enough as we turned the corner there was the sign.  We had arrived.  This very neat rock just standing there so magnificently just makes you wonder how did it get there.  I'm sure evolutionist have some explanation of thousands of years of work but I am so glad I believe in the Creator who made all things.  I think sometimes He just has fun and goes "How about a big black rock right... here."  Just wandering around the mountains was so gorgeous, seeing God's creation in such vibrant colors.  I'm not a hunter so for me the weekend was so relaxing.  My mornings were time with God, His word, wandering through his Creation and spending time chatting with a couple friends.   Then relaxing evenings playing games and sitting around the camp fire with our spouses.  A very nice weekend with my hubby indeed.  We are all very blessed to be surrounded by the creation of a very creative God.  Have a great day.

God Bless,
The black rock is in the background

This is the river, more of a creek right now, that ran through our camp ground.
Alicia

"But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty."  1 Corinthians 2:27

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.