family photo

family photo

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Fall is Here

It definitely feel like fall as the brisk weather increases to quite chilly, to cold.  A sure sign is my laundry room.  Yesterday I did four loads of laundry and this morning I woke up to the baskets filling quickly.  The reason of course is as the weather gets colder the clothes we wear are bulkier and fill up the laundry baskets quicker.  Which means more laundry.  

 One of my favorite parenting times is reading books.  I love spending time cuddling and reading to my children.  Isabella is really developing a love for this time also.  She snuggles up and listens as I read and smiles up at me and even tries to make the sounds of the animals.  She will even get books, put them in "our chair" and take me to the chair.  I have made it a priority to read with her as much as I can.  She is still not talking and I hope that the books I read will help.  We had another doctors appointment the other day with not a lot more insight except she is developmentally delayed and sometimes children when they hit 4 years old just take off and start talking.  So I guess for now I'll keep reading her books, working on sign language, doing therapy, enjoy her sweetness and pray for her.  What a blessing she is.  



Only a few days until the ultrasound.  So stay tuned.  We are so excited to see our new little one and find out the gender.  The plan is to Skype Alex at college so he can actually be there with us.  Children are such a blessing.  I must say I am tired of the reference to my "advanced maternal age." I get it and I trust the in the Lord.   The other day a girl in my class I teach at church, came up to me and said "So, you are having another baby."  "Yes, I am."  "Well, you must really like children."  "Yes, I do."  She smiled and walked away.  It just blessed me and I hope it impressed on her a feeling that it is good to be blessed with children.  Have a great day and may God bless you.

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.