family photo

family photo

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Changes

Off my son goes on his next big adventure.  He is going to a Christian University this year that is over 1500 miles away.  At this college he will be able to be ordained in our denomination and receive the music degree he is seeking.  I'm excited for him but quite torn up inside.  I sure hope it isn't this hard each time one of our children leaves and that they don't have to go so far.  I am grateful for the experiences ahead of him.  I pray for his safety and that this will be a wonderful time of growing in Christ.  I was looking at my post from a year ago.  Alex was entering a college in our area so he didn't have to go away.  My heart went out to the parents that were leaving their children.  Now I can understand first hand the separation  they were experiencing.  I don't hand my child off to a college and leave it at that.  I am a praying mom and though he is away, my prayers will never cease.  My job is not done just shifting a bit.

"Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary?  there is no searching of his understanding.  He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.  Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall;  But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles;  they shall run, and not be weary ; and they shall walk, and not faint."  Isaiah 40: 28-31

I read this today and it really blessed me, may it bless you also.

 Have a blessed day.

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.