family photo

family photo

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Thankful for blankets

Aren't baby blankets wonderful?   I really love the ones that people have made for us.  I often wonder if the person that made us a blanket has any idea how much use it has had.  I had no idea 19 years ago when I covered my first little baby, Alex, with the blanket that my aunt made him, that 19 years later it would still be used to cover another one of our precious babies.  Isn't God so good.  As I was laying Isabella down for a nap the other day I covered her with a blanket that someone had made for Sierra.  It is a large blanket that has silky edging and I started thinking back to the lady who made that blanket.  I often think of the maker of the blanket, even if it's just "that is my mom's, or Aunt Wanda's, or Pamela's blanket," as I choose a blanket.  It just brings warm feelings and I feel blessed by such thoughtfulness of someone to make a blanket for me.  Some of our blankets are MIA (missing in action), via misplaced or used as a doll blanket but when they reappear I get so excited, "Oh, there is the blanket Pastor Wells wife made us."  It is a visual reminder of the creator of the blanket.  Some blankets, I have even studied the patterns and made them for someone else.  Once an ultra sound had said a cousin of mine was having a boy so I made her a cute blue teddy bear blanket and sent it to her.  Upon the birth of the baby we discovered the ultra sound was wrong and it was very much a little girl.  So, I quickly made another pink blanket.  Silly I know, but I enjoy crocheting and the blankets patterns were ones I copied from other blankets .  The Bible is a precious work from our Creator.  When I see my Bible or a Bible verse hung on my wall, I think of our Father and His heart He has shared with us in his work, the Bible.   The other day my Bible was MIA and what a joy it was to get it back and dig into it again.  Even the work of God's hand in all of creation sings of his love for us.  The Bible is an obvious reminder of our Lord but why stop there, all creation speaks of the Creators love and hard work to bless us.   As you look at your Bible, your child, or even the sky today may it remind you of the Creators love for you.   If you are someone that blesses others with hand made blankets, know that your gift is a reminder of you.  And thank you, Father, for making us so many blessings that remind us of you.

Just wanted to share a little of my own creativity today as I used some of God creativity :).  This morning I took some of my apricot jam I just made and added it to my pancake mix, threw in a hand full of chocolate chips and topped with apricot syrup.  Wow.  God Bless you all and have a blessed day.

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.