family photo

family photo

Monday, May 30, 2011

Graduation

Alexander the Graduate


The Prayer

Happy Parents


Thai food after gradation hit the spot.

Alexander's farewell as Youth Worship leader

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."  Proverbs 22:6.  What an awesome promise.  What is the way?  As a parent I am constantly asking myself that, or more accurately asking God for his help in showing me the way.  The precious life that God has entrusted we as parents is not to be taken lightly.  I hurt when my children hurt and when they are happy so am I.  When my children do wrong my heart breaks, but when they do right I rejoice as does our heavenly Father.  It has been such a joy to train up my first born, Alexander.  Saturday we attended his high school graduation.  As a homeschool parent it is with great joy, pride, excitement, and even a little sadness this day has come.  I always told people when they would ask "how long are you planning on teaching your children?",  "We'll see, As long as we feel we are supposed to."  I don't know if I ever really imagined teaching them through high school but I have no regrets.  My son is a respectable, delightful man who loves the Lord with all his heart and seeks God for his future.  "I have no greater joy then to hear that my children walk in truth," 3John:4

Our state has an amazing Home School Graduation.  They were very organized and had meeting almost every month to help things go smoothly.  The ceremony was amazing.  We had the Chief Justice and a couple State Senators.  They all spoke about God and the ceremony was God centered and prayer was not a question.  Each graduate received a Bible with their diploma and a word from their parents was read.  It made it very individualized and spiritual.  I want to thank all who helped in organizing the graduation. 

lots of food

They braved the weather for a little ultimate frisby

David and Kendall bbq over 100 hamburger and 40 hot dogs


Nathaniel, Alexander, and Ali
Then Sunday we had a party for Alex and his friend Nathaniel.  It was amazing how many people showed up.  I was very blessed to have my brother and his family join us from 8 hours away, my grandparents and Aunt and Uncle came from about 4 1/2 hours away, and several of Alex's friends from where we moved a couple hours away, also came.  There were people from Alex's little childhood friends on up, from each move we made to present and I was so blessed that we have been able to continue friendships.  Many of our church family was there also.  The weather was absolutely horrible but everyone was having a good time and our home was filled with those we love.  What a blessing.   I encourage you to always keep your focus on God and His Word as you Train up your children and then the mistakes you make and the mistakes they make will only be little bumps in the road.   Thank you Lord for this opportunity and I am grateful to this country to allow parents the freedom to homeschool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.