family photo

family photo

Sunday, April 15, 2018

50 Years of Love

Spring is a busy birthday/anniversary time for us.  David and I , my parents, and our two older children chose to marry in spring.  To add to that we have 7 spring birthdays.  Oh, let's not forget another graduation is about to happen.  I love it all, although I might get a little stressed at times.  This year was an extra special anniversary for my parents, they celebrated 50 years of wedded bliss.  This is quite unusual, not just because of divorce but a lot of times death.  My siblings and I are beyond grateful for this milestone and wanted to celebrate it in a big way.  My brother headed it up and requested a catered event, which made things a bit less stressful, but I have to do my best to make it personal and Pinterest is far to handy, so I had fun with lots of little touches.  The evening was perfect and I am so glad we did it.

God is good and I am glad for the parents I have.  I seriously do not remember one harsh word or argument between my parents.  How grateful I am to have to loving parents who surround me and my family in prayers and are an incredible blessing to our family.  God is good.

Here are a few pictures of our celebration.  I hope you enjoy. God Bless.
Alicia

My parents and their kiddos.  The cake is a replica of their original
wedding cake with the original topper.  It tasted good too.

My Parents, started dating when they were 15/16 and married 3 years later

The grandkids holding up letters that spell out
"we love you!"

the hors d'oeuvres 

My niece helping me


The lovely tables, we had to specially order golden hershey kisses
without almonds.  Apparently golden Hershey kisses generally have almonds


our dinner was amazing. We had both steak and chicken.  

David and I

We played a question answer game with my parents

They got to cut the cake and feed each other. 

Look at these two adorable ladies


These boys were having so much fun making loops around the place.
You can tell by how Aidric is sweeting.

2 comments:

  1. It was such a fun night celebrating grandma and grandpas 50th anniversary, and you did great on the decorations! :D
    Latisha Walter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie. I was happy how it all turned out.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.