family photo

family photo

Friday, September 29, 2017

Fall is in the Air

Just in case I haven't mentioned it before I shall mention it now, I really like the fall season.  I am a fair weather gal, I don't really care for heat over 85 degrees or below 25.  I may live in the wrong place for that, but it does make me appreciate fall and spring a bit more.  Opening the windows in our house and turning off the air conditioning is a blessing.  A couple weeks ago it was in the 90's then in a couple days it dropped to way to cold, now it is right where I like it.  The windows are open and I enjoy being outside.

This time of the year is also school and more activities, bring it on.  Starting school and bringing routine into the house is great.  We do very little city sports any more.  A few years ago sports seemed to be taking over our lives so we have pulled back on what we get the kids involved in.  This year we have chosen to try a new soccer league.  Their motto is something like "for the fun of it," and that is truly what they are.  There are no practices and only one game a week at the same time each week.  Cassandra and Aidric are in it and David is coaching.  They all seem to be enjoying it.  Aidric has wanted to play soccer for a while.  In the past I have thought it so silly how parents get their preschoolers in soccer but now we are one of those parents, Aidric enjoys it, and we get such a kick out of it.  It appears he is one of the very few on the team that has a clue what they are doing, it helps to have older siblings.  He is getting a kick out of scoring goals and enjoys the game, even if it means blocking the others teams goal from one of his own team mates.  Cassandra is a play up, which means she is with older kids and she is having a great time, also.

I love this picture as the coach is trying to make sure the kids know which
way they are supposed to go, unfortunately they don't always get it.


I get worried he is going to bite his tongue, but his brother did the same thing
and still has his tongue in tack


Another goal.  His goal has been ten but he has only made it to seven in
a game, his dad encourages him to pass and let others score, I might be
a little more competitive

The sun was hurting his eyes so Danika lent him her glasses

Cassie ready, 

set,

go

It is fun and good exercise.  Hope you enjoy the pictures.  Have a great day.
Alicia

3 comments:

  1. Hello Mrs.Alicia. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by once again and go through your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you as well as know you and about your Godly family and offspring. Those pictures of your family are reflection of God love and a blessed life of a man who fear the Lord. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 38 yrs inthis great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have young children from your family to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad we were able to go see there games last weekend it was so much fun to watch :)
    Latisha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.