family photo

family photo

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

My Dad the Artist

I have always enjoyed my Dad's artistic ability.  He used to help me with school projects.  It was a great learning time for me.  Now he and my mom will take the kids over for sleep overs one at a time and occasionally they get an art lesson from Grandpa.  I think it is wonderful for the time my kids get to spend with their grandparents.  My mom and dad teach them in their God given gifts and I and the kids love time with grandparents.

Since my dad has retired he has had time to do more of the things he loves, like painting.  He has painted many pictures, some he gives away and some he keeps.  We have a couple pictures in the house that he has painted.  Now he is having an art show at a local coffee shop.  David and I stopped by there during our date night.  It was so great to see the pictures my dad created hanging in the shop.  Great job Daddy!!! I love and am thankful for all the gifts you have and share with others.

Have a great day.
Alicia

me with some of my daddy's pictures.

One of my favorites


4 comments:

  1. He is so talented! How neat to get to have his art on display!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Alicia and David. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also encouraged to know your godly Dad who is an Artist I am blessed and feel honored to get connected with you as well as know you and about your godly family. I am indeed truly blessed to know such family. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 38 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. Alex who got married to Ivy is an Youth Pastor and your daughters Sierra and Danika can come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. Even since Alex is a Youth Pastor he can encourage young people from his church to go on a missions trip to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure those who come will have a life changing experience. God willing I will be coming to the United States and will be so glad to stop by your place and meet you as a family and specially Alex who is a Youth Pastor and share with him about the ministry we have to the poorest of poor in the slums of Mumbai. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. Our ministry is on the face book which is not fully developed on the face book. It is by the name " Shepherd's Care Mumbai". My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family, son in laws and grand children.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.