family photo

family photo

Saturday, June 3, 2017

The Surprise and the Zoo

The other day I was looking out the window while folding laundry.  I saw some people coming toward our door.  It was the weirdest feeling as they approached because it was my son Alex, Ivy and Weston.  I did not know they were coming and it totally caught me off guard.  I dropped my laundry ran to the front door and was filled with such delight.  That is the kind of surprise mamas love.  Danika heard me squealing and ran to the door, also quite shocked and overwhelmed.  It was so special.  The kids all ran to the door and it was wonderful.

Alex and Ivy's needed a new car and my hubby is supper at finding good reasonably priced cars.  He found them a car and we went and picked it up.  I was very concerned about how we would get them the car and tried to solve the problem.  David kept assuring me that they were adults and would figure it out.  I really didn't want them to have to drive here and then one of them drive back with the baby and no one to watch the baby, because both of them would be driving separate cars.  But here they were on my doorstep.

It was a great day, and we quickly threw together a BBQ.  We were already keeping August, because it was Brent and Latisha's anniversary (3 years, wow) and they were going out.  My parents and nephew did get to join us and we had a great time.  Alex had to head back the next day, but Ivy and Weston were able to stay a couple more days.  What a blessing.  My mom drove back with Ivy so they wouldn't be alone and it all came together smoothly.

On Monday we were able to have a zoo day.  I got some fun pictures.  Such a happy place.  Here are some fun pictures.  God bless and have a great day.

Alicia
The BBQ

Weston showing an interest in dessert

August loved running around
 
The boys


Our crew at the zoo


It is way too tempting not to climb



The zoo had a classroom set up and Cassandra wanted to be the teacher

They played along

Isn't he sweet

Happy Boy and auntie




look at this little man





3 comments:

  1. It was so fun to see them, and we loved all the family time together!
    Latisha Walter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray my family stays this close as they all grow up! Yours gives me that hope!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.