family photo

family photo

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Boston Trip Part Three

The next day we decided to explore Harvard.  It is a beautiful campus, although not quite as amazing as Princeton's campus, but still very nice.  We saw a building where several of our founding fathers stayed while attending Harvard and where George Washington had housed troops during the Revolutionary War.  The library looked amazing from the outside but without a pass you could not enter.  Graduation set up was all around the campus and families from all over the world were exploring the campus.  There was a church in the middle of the campus called the Memorial Harvard Church.  It intrigued me, so, Sunday we attended service there.

By noon we headed back to the apartment and ate left overs from the previous night.  David had a lot of work, so I headed back on the subway to do some more exploring of Boston.  I wanted to find the statues where the All About Ducklings book's setting was and see some buildings we didn't get to the day before.  Plus I needed to get gifts for the kiddos.  I was looking for a snow globe of Boston.  One of the venders recommended Walgreens down the street.  Sure enough, there were snow globes and many more souvenirs priced cheeper then the venders.  I felt safer purchasing my goodies there, so I felt like that was perfect.  I really enjoyed the Boston Community Park, where the duck statues were and what a beautiful pond it had.  Many people were there and several Brides dressed up taking pictures. Once back to Cambridge I visited the worlds only Curious George Store and picked up a few books for the kids.

The next day was Sunday, where I have already stated we went to church, and then had a wonderful lunch at Border Cafe.  It was time to get a cab to the airport and head home.  How thankful I am for the opportunity to visit the east coast again.  I am so grateful to God for our country and those that fought and died for the freedoms we hold so dear.  History isn't an unimportant past, it is something we need to know and learn from.  How wonderful it was to go and see these historical sights and experience history today.  Thank you for letting me share.  God bless and have a great day.

Alicia


one of several memorial statues, in honor of our fallen soldiers

entering Harvard

If I understood correctly, this is where several of the founding fathers
stayed while attending Harvard and where George Washington's troops stayed

one of the Libraries

The church bell

Looking at the church and the preparations for graduation setup beginning

the campus theater

the statue of Harvard, where apparently it is a thing to touch his foot

The worlds only Curious George store

The statues of the ducklings

a boat taking people for a ride on the pond
the the adorable ducks dipping for food
a statue of George Washington

another look at the Pond where if I recall correctly, the ducks in the book
lay their eggs

Church service, a lovely church, the picture isn't as beautiful as the church

Our final meal 



3 comments:

  1. So glad you guys were able to take this trip! And I love hearing about all the historic stuff :D

    Latisha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.