family photo

family photo

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Sierra Turns 17

I can clearly remember turning 17.  Yes, that was a while ago, but I remember this odd feeling of adulthood was around the corner. I no longer felt like a child teen, I felt like my childhood was coming to a close and the choices I was making were more important.  Watching Sierra, as she transitions into "adulthood" is a bit surreal.  When we had Sierra we thought we might be done having children, he he he.  Had we stopped there we would almost be empty nesters.  I am glad God placed having more children on our hearts and am thankful for all the children He has given us.

My baby girl is growing up and making big grown up decisions for her future.  I am so thankful for the beautiful woman of God Sierra is turning into and believe she is following God's direction for her future.  She just finished up a couple more college classes and received A+'s.  Sierra has a desire to do her best at all she places her hands to and God is blessing her in that.  God bless you Sierra, keep pressing onward to the goals God has placed in your heart and you are going to do amazing.

Here are a couple pictures from Sierra and Danika's party.  They shared a party with their friends and had a wonderful time.  Have a great day and God Bless.

Alicia

They started out playing ultimate frisbee 

But it was quite windy


so it turned into "ultimate volleyball"

The birthday girls

with a fun big brother-in-law in the back

I must say the chocolate ganache filled Butterfinger cupcakes were amazing
Sierra on her birthday

a collage of her through the years

The girls and I having fun



here we are at the Girls convention

5 comments:

  1. Sierra is turning into such a beautiful young lady, and it is so fun seeing how much she has grown up this year! I hope 17 is great to you!
    Love, Latisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did sierra and Danika grow into young women?!!!!! They're beauties. Wow. Time flies. Miss you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw this now! Wow I remember when Latisha was 17 lol . . . I must've been following a few years now. Looks like fun, happy birthday Sierra!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.