family photo

family photo

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Boston Trip

If you haven't noticed, I really enjoy traveling. I enjoy getting to the airport and the quickness of the flight, but I also enjoy driving places and seeing the landscape.  When I was in high school I looked into being a travel agent. I had originally thought of being a stewardess, but wasn't sure of the time away from home, then once I found out my tendency toward motion sickness on a plane that idea was out.  Now I just put on my motion sickness wrist bands and off we go.

We are blessed to have parents and family that can help keep things under control with the kids and we feel they are in good hands.  David had a business trip to Philadelphia and I semi jokingly asked if I could go with him.  Last time we went, there was so much more we would have enjoyed doing but it is just too hard to be gone from the kids that long.  So, this time we continued where we left off.  Our first stop once we landed was to meet a friend of mine from high school that I hadn't seen in around 26 years.  It was so wonderful to spend time with her and catch up on the last 26 years.  So much has happened and it was nice to spend time with her.

The next day David went off to work and I got to meet up with my cousin, Chris, for a day adventure.  She picked me up and we went to Longwood Gardens.  Wow!!!  It is so amazing there.  I recommend it.  Chris had taken me around the lovely grounds and to the house and it was nice.  I thought that was it, then she informed me that we still needed to go to the Conservatory.  It is a massive 4.5 acre green house filled with plants from all over the world.  So amazing!!!  Outside the conservatory, the gardens has a giant water fountain area.  They were testing out the system and we got an amazing show.  The day was incredibly hot but we hung in there, got over 20,000 steps in, and really just enjoyed God's creation.
David and I at the airport
my high school friend 
Chris and I at the fountain

The Italian gardens at Longwood


the conservatory



poor little abandoned deer we found.
The next day, David had more meetings while I did a little walking around the mall.  Then we headed to Boston.  Quite a drive and it was late when we go there, but worth it.  More later.  Have a blessed day.

Alicia


2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful pictures! looks like you guys had a great time :)
    Latisha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we did. I really appreciate your help with the kiddos so we could go. :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.