family photo

family photo

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Bridal Shower and more Grad Stuff

Yesterday, was the big bridal shower.  We were so excited.  The night before I had the start of a horrid head cold, then by morning I had the full blown flu.  I was trying to take as much medicine as I could but was not getting better.  Latisha and my mom came to my rescue and finished making the food and delivered all the necessary decorations to the shower.  I'm sure it was beautiful and I was so sad I was missing it I just laid in my bed and was so very sad.  I just rationalized it would be very selfish of me to go and end up getting someone else sick or worst of all Ivy sick.  Poor Sierra was joining me in my misery.  She was also sick and had to miss out.  My very good friend started texting me pictures and keeping me updated, thank you so much Amy, you are the best.  I sent my camera and another friend went around and took lots of pictures for me.  My heart was broke to not be there but I am blessed with good family and friends who were able to bless me.

From what I have seen and heard the shower was a beautiful success and Ivy was showered abundantly with gifts.  Here are some fun pictures of the shower and also of a party a friend gave for our graduates the weekend before.  Right now I am live streaming our service.  They are honoring our graduates and I am thankful that I don't have to totally miss that also, since I am still sick.  Much going on and we our blessed.  God bless you all.
Alicia
my family

Ivy

The spread

The finger food my mom and Latisha made for me

Thankfully I had made the cake balls ahead of time




The speaker, Julie, did a great job, I was told 



Ivy opening my gift with the dish rags...

blanket....

and wedding sampler I made them and finished just in time

such a lovely bride to be

Look at our lovely group

Ivy and her lovely mama

Graduation party

decorations

good food spread

cake, mints and cookies all very good






1 comment:

  1. Such a blessing to have help to step in! I don't know what I'd do without my mom & friends that keep me sane! Glad all the sickness has past now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.