family photo

family photo

Monday, March 9, 2015

My Birthday

The birthday season has begun at our household.  Obviously there are other birthdays around the year but we have several in a row March through April.  I kicked off the season by turning.... 44. Yep that is right, another year older. Unfortunately it seemed like I was in the wrong city.  David was at meetings in Seattle, Alex and Ivy were at an interview in ...  Seattle, and my parents were on a trip in... yep, Seattle.  They all flew there on my birthday.  It was funny and ironic.

My birthday was still wonderful.  Before my parents flew out they took me to breakfast, then I came home and we did as much school as possible before my next outing.  My mother in-law took me to lunch and then to get my hair done.  This is quite a treat for me.  Normally I wait until I am fed up with my hair, call the local drop in generic shop, and squeeze it into my day.  This was quite different.  We went to a nice salon.  The appointment began with a glass of tea, head massage, followed by a wash, cut and style.  I felt very pampered.  So fun.

The following day my dear friend, Amy, took me to the tea house.  We enjoyed a lovely meal and lots of fun girl catch up time.

Then my wonderful husband took me away for a trip to the lake.  The mountains still have some snow and it was beautiful.  What a blessing.  It was a great birthday.  I am so blessed with such amazing family and my girls were so awesome to take care of things so that I could have some time off.  Truly, I am blessed.  Hope you are all having a blessed day also.

Alicia
Breakfast with my Parents
David and I enjoying the sun
The view out our window as evening was falling
The Pool area
smores fixings by the fire

my very yummy smore
Enjoying working on my grand babies blanket at the hotel.

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Glad to hear you had some time off. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy bday!!! Glad you got spoiled!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.