family photo

family photo

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Another Birthday

Ok, so it's official, I'm another year older.  Today was my birthday and a blessed one it has been.  It began last week when my amazing parents blessed me by flying my son home for his spring break, which just happened to be over my birthday.  I was so very blessed I cried.  I love being surrounded by my husband and kiddos.  Last night David took me to a great meal and movie.  We went to see Son of God, which I enjoyed.  I was filled with an affirmation of my faith and acknowledgment of the love God has for us.  Then today, I began my day with a wonderful breakfast from my daughter, Sierra.  She got up early and made me a lovely breakfast, complete with chocolate dipped strawberries.  I was so proud and blessed.  After breakfast I got an amazing phone call from a friend who wanted to bring me a coffee and take Isabella to therapy for me.  Ok, that is going above and beyond, Amy you are such an amazing friend.  For lunch, my daddy took me to Olive Garden, a favorite of mine, where we got to spend time talking and enjoying a great meal.  For dinner we had a wonderful meal of fondue, which is my annual birthday dinner and finished it off with orange cake and orange sherbet.  I was also blessed with phone calls from family afar and even a beautiful sunny day.   Thank you God for a wonderful day and blessed year.  Looking forward to all that is ahead.




Only a slight fire, of course not all the candles are there

Cassandra took special care to put the candles on and I was able to blow
them all out

Cassandra, Alex, and I

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Sounded like an awesomely blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Alicia, you are blessed! Hope all is well and the wedding planning is going good. Chad's sister just bumped her wedding 3 days before Latishas! Haha! Miss you and praying for Isabella.

    Love,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica. We just got some more wedding projects today. Must be a good weekend to get married. :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.