family photo

family photo

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Time to Mourn

Life is so full of ups and downs.  We rejoice in the up and draw closer to God in the downs.  Six years ago a wonderful man was placed in our lives.  In 2007, David's mother married one of the most giving man I have ever known.  His name was Bill.  Last Friday he was taken to the hospital for back pains and Saturday he died.  It was very unexpected and quite heart wrenching.  Saturday morning the kids had gone to the hospital to see Grandpa before he passed.  David was already there but I stayed home with the two youngest  (Isabella had a terrible case of the stomach flu).  I had been wandering around the yard and it hit me what a blessing Bill had been.  I looked at the swing that he and Alex had built, the fence he helped us put up in the pouring cold rain, the arbor he and David built for my birthday, and the garden boxes he and David built for another of my birthdays. I thought about how in almost every room in my house Bill had been a help.  The bassinet stand for the baby, the fan in the girls room, the paint in the bathroom that had clumped up and he came and tirelessly took it off and then spent the rest of the day helping me paint....   I really could go on and on.  Bill was a reliable man always willing to help.  When our washer broke he was here to help because "a family your size should not be without a washer."  Then when I would thank him he would always reply with a big smile "not a problem."  Bill truly did all things with joy and our hearts break for the loss of such a kind hearted man.

Saturday night as the girls and I did Bible I read them John 14:1-3 "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, belief also in me.  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am there ye may be also."  I encouraged the girls that Grandpa had Jesus in his heart so now he was with the Father and that because we have also accepted Jesus as our Savior one day we will see Grandpa Bill again.  In verse 27 Jesus said "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

What an awesome God we serve.  That was where I was in my Bible reading that very day and I was able to comfort the girls with those words.  We definitely cried and mourn for our loss but what a joyful day Grandpa had.  I can only imagine what it will be like when we meet our Lord face to face.  As believers we have such hope.  May the hope and peace of the Lord be yours also today.  God Bless

Alicia
our Hawaii vacation with my parents and Paula and Bill
at Alex's graduation

At Aidric's birth


At Latisha's graduation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.