family photo

family photo

Monday, March 4, 2013

Another Year Older

It is such a lovely day, a bit chilly, but lovely.  A good day for a birthday, mine that is.  Another year older.  What a blessed year I have had.  As I was praying this morning I just felt full of thanksgiving.  About 17 years ago, I had a very strange attack of some kind.  It lasted for over an hour.  At first I was shaking, then having a very hard time breathing and then went blank for a while.  I remember thinking I wonder if I am dying.  I thought I saw Jesus then turned and saw my grandpa, who had recently passed away, Grandpa told me it was not my time and to go back.  My lungs filled with air and I sat up.  I was all clammy and a bit disoriented I had been laying on the floor.  David ran me to the emergency room where they could find nothing wrong with me.  Later I found out that some women from church had felt a real need to pray for someone but they didn't know who.  I believe it was me.  Was there really something wrong, had I been hallucinating, was I healed?  I don't know but this morning I was thinking back to that and what I could have missed out on these past additional 17 years.  God is so good and he has blessed me with 5 more children since that time and numerous other blessings and friends that I am so glad to know.  Everyday is a blessing from the Lord and I look forward with expectation to all He has planned for this year, especially with the soon coming birth of our new baby boy.  My body is stretched and swollen with this pregnancy and it is all worth every moment.  Last night we got to celebrate my birthday with our traditional fondu (recipes were posted last year on my birthday if you would like them).  It was a lovely night.  Latisha had given me a lovely pedicure, Sierra gave me a lovely card with beautiful Bible verses, Danika gave me a beautiful card with pictures she had drawn, Cassie a lovely hug, Danika lot's of love, Alex called and Skyped me, and last week David got me a pregnancy massage with a massage therapist that actually brought her table with her to my house.  God is good and His mercy endures for ever.  Have a wonderful day and God bless.
Alicia

fondu with family

My wonderful hubby and me.

The girls felt it necessary to get all the candles on the cake, unfortunately I was unable to blow them all out this year.  I blame it on my crowded lung space.

Latisha's lovely pedicure on my swollen feet.  :)
  

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.