family photo

family photo

Friday, February 1, 2013

Carmel Popcorn and Movie

Tonight it is just the younger ones and I.  David has the Sierra and Latisha at a Youth function and so...  one of my favorite indulgences is carmel popcorn and what better than a movie to go with it.  The little ones got all scrubbed up and I made the popcorn.  I thought I might share the recipe with you.   The popcorn is very gooey and rich.  


Carmel Popcorn
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup with karo syrup
bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium high.  Boil 2 minutes
Add 1/2 cup butter- boil 2 more minutes
add 1 can sweetened condensed milk, boil 2 more minutes being careful not to scorch. Pour over popped pop corn (1 cup unpopped).  Mix well and enjoy.  Place left over in a ziplock baggie.  Tastes even better the next day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.