family photo

family photo

Friday, February 24, 2012

What Did She Just Say?

Cassandra is constantly bringing me such joy.  I love that time when kids start to embrace vocabulary and come up with their own funny twists on word interpretations.  When Cassandra asks me a question if my answer is "I don't know, we'll see" or "Maybe later,"  her reply is "so, that's a yes Mom."  Then we have a conversation of how that is a not yes but a let me think about it and I'll get back to you.  She just can't grasp that and says "So, it is a yes."  Let your yes be yes and your no be no.  Right?  The other one that confuses her is "Tomorrow."  She will ask "is it church today?"  I'll say "tomorrow."  She says, "so after breakfast?"  "No, after we go to sleep and wake up."  "The next day then."  "Yes, the next day."  The funny thing is we have had this conversation more then once.  
Cassandra Saying cheese
 Isabella on the other hand doesn't talk.  She show's little interest in talking and prefers to just scream for things.  We say "Drink, you want a drink?"  and she replays "aaaaahhhh".   The other day she caught me totally off guard.  Cassandra and Isabella were eating pancakes and I asked Cassandra "Are the pancakes good?"  To which Isabella replied "pancakes good."  Cassie's mouth dropped and said "Mom!"  I said "yes, it sounded like Isabella said pancakes good."  
Her vocabulary might improve if she didn't have her thumb in her mouth so much.

Latisha trying a cute bun and braid combo.  Real cute.  She does a lot of cute things with her hair.
 Oh and last but not least, I finished my blanket.  I made it for our church's Girls Ministry fund raiser.  I had some yarn left over so I decided to start another blanket.  Of course that is kind of silly because I will have to go and get more yarn and hope they have the same color.  But I really enjoy trying out new patterns and it relaxes me as I listen to the girls read.
The finished product.
 Well, now were off to another fun filled weekend.  The conference last weekend was very good.  This weekend Sierra and Danika have their last Bible quiz match of the season.  Have a great weekend.

God Bless
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.