family photo

family photo

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Trip to Weston

A positive part of having a child that lives in another state is you get to go and see them and spend lots of time when you are together.  The problem is finding the time to go.  This last weekend worked and they planned the baby dedication for the time we were there, so we were able to go see Alex, Ivy and baby Weston.  It was so wonderful to see them.  It is hard to believe how fast time flies, but it had been six weeks since our new grandson was born and since we last saw him.

This time we took our kiddos at home, my mom, and David's mom got to all join us in the trip.  It turned out to be quite the party.  Ivy's parents were able to also make it up.  Weston is starting to shine.  We can see his sweet personality, quite content, and even smiles.  He didn't seem to mind who was holding him and I loved every second I got to hold him but tried not to be a "baby hog."

I did a terrible thing and forgot my camera and camcorder.  It was horrible.  I used my phone camera but wish I could have got some video.  They are doing wonderful and I would have like to have recored some of the little guy.  I guess that means we will need to make it up there again soon.

Saturday night, Ivy and her mother made me a wonderful birthday dinner, my birthday is soon and they wanted to celebrate with me.  It was an amazing dinner.  We had prime rib, potatoes, green beans, and rolls.  For dessert we had the most amazing crockpot chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream.  It was right up there with the best prime rib I have ever had.  The cake was also amazing so basically it was an incredible meal.

We were so blessed to be a part of the baby dedication service Sunday morning.  Alex led worship and Sierra got to be apart of the worship team and play the keyboard.  The Pastor had the whole family come up for the dedication.  How precious it is to watch our children dedicating their children to the Lord.  Sorry I have no pictures at this time.  Maybe I can get some from Alex, :).

The trip home was a bit sad, as I am unsure when we will make it back that way, but I hope it won't be long.  We ran into a bit of a snow storm, which made things a bit more exciting, but we are all home safe and sound.  I hope you all had a great weekend.  God Bless.
Alicia
Aunties and Uncle, with new nephew

Cute little family

Cassandra loved holding Weston

Weston smiling

baby dedication outfit



Grandma loves her grandson

Me, Aidric and Weston.  Aidric likes to hold for a minute and then is done


Aidric really enjoyed their dog "Jack"

Four generation picture.  


6 comments:

  1. It was so wonderful to have you all visit! I'm so thankful we are family and I just love the moments we get to spend together. Thank you for making the trip to see us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are a wonderful hostess, thank you for your hard work.

      Delete
  2. Love the pictures and can't wait to be able to see that baby again too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is a fun get away, I hope you can go soon. :)

      Delete
  3. Awe, cuteness overload. I mean talk about joy! How special. What an adorable baby boy. You guys are blessed. How's Latisha and Brent? What a gorgeous family you all are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are doing well. Had a bunch of testing, but it was all good. We don't have answers for the problems, but we are thankful that all testing is positive.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.