family photo

family photo

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Great Big Beautiful State

Our family enjoys camping.  We like to camp the easy way, a trailer.  I know, not as roughing it as some but I really appreciate our trailer.  There is something wonderful about going into the forest, away from the city and just breathing.  The air feels, smells, looks and maybe even tastes refresher.  It makes all the hard work of packing and preparing worth it.

We have been able to take a couple beautiful trips the last two weekends.  Last weekend was for three nights, this weekend it was just a day trip but just as beautiful.  How blessed I feel to live in our beautiful state so diverse in God's beauty, from desserts to forests, to rivers and lakes, to cliffs and canyons, and rolling hills to gorgeous mountains; all within a couple hours from where we live.

After the gender reveal party we headed out camping.  It was so wonderful to have all my kids present for our camping trip along with a few friends.  We went to a place called Warm Lake.  Not sure why it is called that, I wouldn't say the lake was warm, but it was oh so beautiful.  It was my favorite type of camping weather, cold enough for the bugs to mostly stay away, but warm enough to be comfortable.  We planned our meals with our family together and that is the best part, being together with those we love and just spending time together.  Our family got to hike, boat, play games, worship and did I mention "eat" together, good times.

eating together

Cassandra caught her first fish

our hike to the natural hot springs

The hot spring just came right up out of the ground, so amazing

Down aways the kids soaked their feet in the warm water

time around the campfire 

August was having a great time.  

Here are some pictures of the beautiful lake



Then Saturday, David and I went on a little hike with my parents.  David was scouting out the area and I got to enjoy the amazing view.  Isn't God's artwork so beautiful, the mountains sing forth with joy.  I wanted to share these pictures on top of the world of our little day get away. Hope all is well, Have a blessed day.
Alicia



David and I 
Feeling like we are on top of the world
So beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. It was such a fun camping trip, and I just love the picture of August all excited :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great time. I am so glad we all got to camp together, you are such a great help!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.