family photo

family photo

Monday, September 8, 2014

Good Samaritan

  Havesting, camping, schooling etc…. fall is in the air and things have been good here.  My garden did fairly well this year and I am enjoying the fruit of my labor.  There is such a thrill that fills my heart when most of our dinner comes from our garden.  So much so that I had to take a picture and share my joy.  Right now my poor garden looks ran over and quite sad.  Since we started school my time in the gardening has gone to almost nothing, but the garden is still faithfully producing good food.

Corn, cantaloupe, cucumbers, and tomatoes from our garden!


We enjoyed a lovely trip over Labor day camping with some friends.  The weather was lovely during the day and dumping buckets of rain at night.  One of the highlights for me was Huckleberries!!!  Yes, I really enjoy huckleberries and there were quite a few on the other side of the lake.  So, we could only pick enough for huckleberry pancakes but ohhhhh they were so yummy

a hike to a waterfall

part of the waterfall

more

Aidric and I 

Bellie, lovin Daddy

Aidric and I enjoying the creek.  

We hiked around the lake, Cassie was such a trooper and made it all around
without help, but at one point she said "my feet are getting heavy."



The other day I had several errands to run, and found myself driving down the road in my own little world.  Danika asked me about some guy back there.  I had no idea what guy she was talking about as I had been focused on other things and apparently oblivious to much going on around me.  She said, "you know the guy that was beeping at us and shaking a phone out the window that looked like your phone. "  I quickly glanced around the car and realized my phone was missing.  The guy had been pulled up in the turning lane next to us, trying to get me my phone, and I had been focused on the road in front of me and not paying attention to someone trying to help me right next to me.  We had traveled about a mile since that intersection when Danika had informed me of what I had missed.  I sat pulled over on the side of the road wondering what to do.  I turned around hoping that just maybe I could find this man.  Thankfully he was in a company truck and saw me in his rear view mirror, as he had given up on me and was continuing on his way.  How thankful I was to see this good samaritan turn around and pull over.  He ran across the busy street and returned my phone to me.  He told me he had seen my phone sliding off my bumper as I turned a corner.  He had gotten out of his car, picked up my phone and had been trying to return it to me.

There are a lot of lessons to learn from this story.  Number one, I had to ask myself if I would have done the same thing.  I might have told myself, "oh they will come back for it," and had driven on.  It is so hard to take time to help someone.

 The other lesson I learned was how important it is to pay attention to those around us, especially those who are trying to help us out.  As a homeschool mother I get focused on the road I am on and ignore people reaching out to me.  It took my lovely daughter to point out what was probably obvious to many around me that I had blocked out.

Finally, this good samaritan continued trying for several miles, apparently, picking up my phone, tracking me down, beeping, and turning around trying to help this woman (me) who didn't even notice his efforts or her need.  Dear friend, when your friend is in need of help don't give up, continue to be there for them, reach out and persevere, even if you don't receive any credit for your effort.  It is God who sees your efforts and will reward.

Well, God Bless you all, Have a great day and a big happy birthday to my baby sister and dress up pal, Tami!

Alicia


dress up for us wasn't frilly princess dresses from the store but
digging in our mom's closet for our favorite outfits.


3 comments:

  1. Yay! It is so good to see a new post. Sounds like life is busy as usual! :) Missing you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh, we so miss you too and am looking forward to having you both back here in the middle of our business. :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.