family photo

family photo

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day/Bridal Shower

Happy Mother's Day to all you lovely moms out there.  It is a day to celebrate, the gift of life and those who choose to bring others into this world and raise them with God's help. I have been blessed today with flowers from my son Alex, bubble bath and scrub from Latisha, and gardening supplies and cards from the rest.  I truly am been blessed with wonderful children.  It was a little sad to think this is probably the last time I will have all my kids together to serve me breakfast in bed on Mother's day morning.  The wedding is approaching and Latisha is getting ready to leave the nest.  Yikes. :)

Today I also celebrate having one of the greatest woman in the world as my mom.  My sister and I took her out to dinner last night and were terribly shocked when we left to see that we had just spent 3 1/2 hours talking and eating at the restaurant.  Good food, great company, good times.

Yesterday was also a big day as it was Latisha's bridal shower.  What an amazing job her Maid of Honor did planning it and her bridesmaids and others helping help. We have spent the last few days cooking for the shower and really, the last couple months preparing.  Then it came and was over, just like that.  It was very good.  My son had asked me a couple months ago how I was doing with Latisha leaving soon and I told him fine and quite excited for her.  Now though I find myself looking at the end of this season of having her here everyday and yes, I have started to get quite emotional, but I am truly so happy for her and am so blessed to have Brent joining our family. One of my favorite parts of the shower was having her future mother-in-law pray for her as we all gathered around.  I am so grateful that she prayed, because at that moment I'm not sure I could talk.  What a blessing. Here are some picture of the shower before and after that I took.  We had another lady taking pictures during the shower so I look forward to seeing those pictures soon.

this is the gift table the night before. The next day it was filled and overflowing.
We also put pictures in the heart stand of Latisha and Brent growing up

It had a Paris theme,

The next morning this table was filled with quiche and fruit

This table was filled with creme puffs, zucchini bread, lemon poppy seed bread, and
coffee cake.

and this table had beverages

unfortunately my picture of the centerpiece got lost but this was a nice corner.


The lovely sisters

Mom and the Bride to Be

She looked so lovely and was very blessed by friends and family 
Hopefully I can share more pictures later.  I hope you have all had a blessed day.

Alicia

4 comments:

  1. Aw! Looks like you are all enjoying these moments with Latisha! Keep it together! I will need your strength & wisdom with this someday! Praying for a blessed wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is so exciting. Appreciate you prayers, especially for good weather. :)

      Delete
  2. Soooooo sad I had to miss it. I thought about you guys all day. Latisha is glowing and so beautiful in these pics. Also, whoa to the food. You were supposed to get me to help you!!! Well, we are looking forward to Monday!!!

    Love,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Jessica, you are so sweet. That was only a start on the food. What you up to this weekend? :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.