family photo

family photo

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Back to Normal

The holidays have come and gone, my oldest has returned to school, we have started back with school, and we are back into the normal for now.  Our holidays went well with it's bits of challenges but mostly it was good.  We have been experiencing our share of illnesses and just when I think we are doing better someone declares "my nose is really stuffy" or some other form of illness. I think I am finally doing better.  My cold lasted about three weeks.   But God has been good and all is well.  I may have gotten a little carried away on the sweets.  My self control when it comes to sweets is low and being pregnant almost gives me a reason to indulge a bit more, although I know it shouldn't.  Well, I am now paying for it.  Tuesday I failed my glucose test.  I kept putting it off knowing I had been indulging a little more than I should.  Apparently I should have changed my diet a little sooner.  Monday I go in for the 3 hour glucose test and I have been trying to be good, avoid the sweets, and get more exercise in.  So pray for a good test on Monday.


now almost 7 months.


 While Alex was home we asked him to do a little painting for us.  I know, what a way to spend a break.  But it is so nice to add a little color to our lives.  There is a lot more painting that could be done but one project at a time.  We got our room painted and it just feels nice and warm.  He did a great job.
The girls helped out a bit and even got their bathroom painted.


our room and my nook.  
 Then came the day Alex had to fly back.  I expect it gets easier the more times you say goodbye to your kids, but we haven't got there yet.  I drove him to the airport on a very snowy day so it was a longer ride.   That was nice so I could be alone with him for a bit before he left.  Hopefully my emotions are somewhat tied to my rise in pregnancy hormones and I'll be able to say goodbye in a happier way in the future.  I do believe it is a good thing that he is going off to learn more about ministering and music.  I think part of my emotions is that he will miss the birth of his brother.  But I guess his brother missed his birth so it will be ok.  Well, after leaving Alex, I felt an urge to go do a little shopping for our new baby.  Our home is full of pink, purple and well a lot of girly baby things so the shopping helped me refocus.  Although out of no where while shopping an emotion would hit me and I would tear up and say "seriously."  I got a few blue boy things and added that to what grandparents and I have already gotten the baby.  Now we have a nice start.
I hope you are all having a wonderful new year and may God richly bless you this year.

Alicia

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your new color! Good job,Alex! :)

    You look beautiful and so young, Alicia!

    Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!

    Love,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You are so sweet. I'm looking forward to tomorrow too!!!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.