family photo

family photo

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Just Cruising

We just got home from another trip.  David and I were so blessed to win an all expense paid cruise in the Western Caribbean.  It felt so odd leaving the kids so soon again.  We were gone this time for 9 days and I would say that is a little long to be gone from my kids.  The trip was absolutely wonderful and I so enjoyed my time with my husband.  The cruise was a Disney Cruise and we enjoyed the mostly family atmosphere.  The shows were good and the food amazing.  By day 6 I started to feel a tinges of sadness as I watched families together eating and going to the shows, exhausted children falling asleep in their parents arms, and and even parents disciplining their own children.  It was a blessing to get away with my husband and I am so blessed to have such wonderful children that took care of everything while we were away.  Our mothers were also such a help and I am grateful for all they did.  We ended our trip refreshed and feeling like it is time to take the kids on a trip.  I don't know when or where but hopefully soon.  When we arrived at the airport the oldest five greeted us with welcome home signs and I notice we were missing one.  "about that....."  my son said.  Apparently right before they left for the airport Isabella hit her head and got a golf ball size bump.  Nobody saw it happen but heard the scream.  So the grandparents took her to the emergency room where they were informed it was a bump, which I am very grateful for.  Besides that all went smooth and we almost made it an accident free trip.  It is great to be home and I just feel even more blessed with my wonderful family.

ok, so this is normal for us.  It started a bit rock but I found the motion sickness wrist bands are very helpful

What amazing food we ate.

We went snorkeling with the sea turtles.  Sooooo fun.

Here we are with our boat

one of my favorite parts was our room had a veranda.  I very, very much enjoyed the peacefulness of sitting out on it being rocked by the boat.
How fun it was.  Although I still have moments of rocking going on in my brain.   Thank you Lord for a wonderful, safe trip, for being allowed time together as a couple, for your amazing creation of tropical plants, beautiful sea and land creatures, and gorgeous turquoise water, for keeping our children safe while we were gone, and bringing us together again.  Have a great day.

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.